Promoting your business is vital and helps with success. While many turn to digital strategies like social media and email there is still success when it comes to direct mail. There are several different ways a home business could use direct mail to get clients or customers:
- Catalog of products and services: This lets your potential prospects see everything you have to offer by sending them a catalog or list of what you offer. Consider including a coupon (#2) to encourage them to buy.
- Discounts and specials: Instead of just sending a card or letter introducing your product or service, why not include a special deal such as a percentage off for first-time customers. People like a good deal and it’s a great way to entice prospects to learn more about your business.
- Useful items or tips: Realtors often send their clients and customers calendars and recipes. People who receive these items will keep them because they offer something helpful or useful, and it keeps the Realtor’s name in their mind because they’re reminded of it each time the prospect refers to the calendar or recipe. You can do the same. Just make sure that what you send is something people would want to keep and fits with your business.
- Reminders: Depending on your product or service, it can be beneficial to send your clients and customers reminders. For example, if you have a tax preparation business, you might send reminders out in December about deductions to take before the year ends or notice to business owners about getting their W-2s and 1099s out by the end of January.
- Samples: Offer a free sample to anyone who responds to your mailing? People like to receive free items and to test products before buying. Sending them a sample gives them both.
- Announcements: If you’re launching a new product or service, let your existing clients and customers, and prospects know about it. Again, this would be a good time to include a discount to encourage them to check out the new product or service
- Newsletter: While email newsletters are the most affordable way to deliver information regularly to your list, print and mail news can be effective as well. Through it, you can combine many of the above ideas such as a list of products or services, discounts, useful tips, and announcements.
If you’d like to find out even more about how effective “direct mail” is for your real estate business, or if you have any additional questions about topics like graphic design or targeted mailing that you’d like to go over in a bit more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.